I am finally in Hanoi. After Hue we took an overnight train to Hanoi which arrived Sunday at 4 am. The overnight train was luxurious by Vietnamese standards, but a bit gross by American Standards. There were beds that you could lay down on which was nice, but the bathrooms were foul and that is all I will say about that.
Hanoi at first was overwhelming. We arrived on Sunday, but we didn't have orientation until Monday so we had one full day of not knowing where anything was and it made the city feel a bit intimidating. On Monday they walked us around and showed us where are classes are and where we could get cheap food and such. After that I felt way more comfortable here. My roommate and I have decorated the room and I can officially say that I am moved in and the academic portion of my term abroad has begun. We start classes tomorrow and today I started my internship. I am interning at Vietnam Green Building Counsel (VGNC), which is a non profit organization looking to make green building standards in Vietnam and trying to raise awareness about green house gas emissions. The organization is fairly new so there is a lot of work to be done and I couldn't be more excited. I feel like I will really get to work on real projects that will not only use my skills, but directly benefit THE WORLD (lol)! I have officially discovered the joys of eating for less than one dollar a meal and I am loving life. I also bought my ticket to CAMBODIA! Anyway I will have more to report on Hanoi soon and hopefully some pictures. I love you all thanks for reading!
Picture link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=124951&id=502001064&l=60225be796
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cambodia!? Yay! When does that happen?
ReplyDelete