Monday, November 2, 2009

11/2/2009

The 3rd Asian Indoor Games is currently being held in Vietnam. Most of the events are in HCMC, but they had the official opening ceremony in Hanoi and we got tickets and went and sat in the second row. If you got a chance to watch them on TV we were on TV several times in our red Vietnam t-shirts. This event was a life experience I will never forget. We watched as the athletes entered the stadium. Even better we watched all the opening dances. There were so many colors and so much movement and Vietnamese pride. The coolest part for me was the fact that there were several dances on Vietnamese culture and I was able to pick out each individual dance and I knew what region it was from and I had been there. There was a dance with spears that represented the elephant cultures in the middle of Vietnam and a dance from the imperial city. There was even a water puppet dance, which a Vietnamese cultural nuance. Where they have these puppets that tell famous Vietnamese stories with puppets and music. Being there was so cool. It was a great mixture of culture and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment