Thursday, December 10, 2009

12/10/2009

The holiday season is upon us. I know most of my friends are either finishing up school or already home. It feels weird to know that I am going home soon. I have 13 day left in Southeast Asia. I don't even remember what is feels like to be in America. We keep talking about what going home is going to be like and I am excited and terrified. I can't even judge how much I've changed, but I feel the same. All of you who know me will have to be the judges. I do make on request that you are all gentle with me the first few days re-assimilation can be harsh.

Anyway in 5 days I head to Singapore for some quality time with the Craters and then off to Bali for a few days of culture and a few days of beach lounging. Its like 90 degrees in Bali right now. Those of you in Colorado can't even imagine how odd it feels to be in shorts in December. It feels like late September here.

We had a good bye party last Tuesday with my Professors wife who is now gone and a few of our contacts in HCMC and Hanoi. Its odd to think that the trip is almost over. I feel like I could stay here for so much longer and still never experience everything. We went and sang karaoke. It was an experience. I am not the biggest karaoke fan, but it was fun and two of the guys on the trip put on a few amazing performances. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Today was also my last day of internship with the Vietnam Green Building Council. I rebuilt there entire website with the help of Lauren and Hoa (a Union student and an employee). There is now a fully functional English web site. If you saw if before you would be amazed. It was a lot of work, but I feel like I was able to contribute which was great. I am going to miss it.

On the other hand I am going HOME!!! People will be able to understand me and I will be able to listen to new music, and see my friends and my family and study engineering again. Holy crap I am so excited. Well that's all to report I will try to post from Singapore and Bali, but we'll see. I now have to go write a paper. Wish me luck!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment