Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12/16/2009

So I am in Singapore and today we went with Nancy Crater to the Botanical Gardens and looked at their Orchid collection, which was amazing!! After that we ate a fabulous lunch which my uncle Teddy would have died over and then went down to little India. Little India was a fantastic it had colorful temples and a beautiful mosque. We walked for hours and hours and saw so much of Singapore it was amazing. So many cultures and so many colors. After little India we checked out this really interesting Feng Shui conundrum in down town Singapore. There was this architect I. M. Pei who made the pyramid in front of the Louvre and he made these office buildings in Singapore and they are shaped like Swords and they in a very specific direction. At first no one wanted to buy the lot that they pointed ta because it was bad Feng Shui and then finally this man bought the lot and build this huge building with the help of a Feng Shui and life has been good ever since. Anyway we went to see the building and it is huge and gorgeous they claim that it is the most beautiful building in Singapore and I believe. There we sculptures of famous philosophers. They also have the most AMAZING Christmas decorations! Anyway tomorrow we are spending the morning in Singapore and then off to Bali I have no idea if I will get to write again before then, but I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment